How can we possibly even be in the second half of 2019 already?! It really doesn’t seem that long ago since I was waving goodbye to an action-packed 2018 and wondering what might get ticked off my bucket list in 2019.
Anyone who has been following my blog for coming up two years will know that I originally set out to achieve 50 things before my 50th birthday but in fact it’s become a 50+ list as I’ve ticked off so many things already. For example, since January, I’ve played the bagpipes, gone through the Eurotunnel, tried 50 new foods, been to the Chelsea Flower Show and spent the night with the police. As well as a couple of upcoming trips that I’ve mentioned over the last few weeks, I should be visiting my 10th UNESCO heritage site soon and finally be visiting St. Michael’s Mount in Cornwall having photographed its ‘relative’ Mont St Michel in France back in 2017.
I guess my bucket list items fall into three categories:
1) things that take very little preparation, such as pulling a pint behind a bar or arranging to pay for a stranger’s meal in a restaurant without them finding out
2) things that are a one-off but take a bit of planning, such as driving a tractor (which was arranged through a friend of a friend of a friend) or visiting Iceland to see a volcano
3) things achieved over a period of time. In some ways, this category is one of my favourites because it’s not about instant gratification but having the stamina to see things through, such as doing 50 hours of volunteering, visiting all of England’s counties within two years and visiting the three Venice’s (i.e. the most well known one in Italy, Little Venice in London and Little Venice, Colmar, France).
I’ve decided to relaunch my photography bucket list that you can see here. The idea is to choose 50 themes and take three photos for each one (but the photos must be taken on different days). As you can see, some themes have already been achieved but I’ve a way to go. The photography bucket list is actually really helpful because if I’m home, the sun is shining and I’m able to go out, I’ve only got to look to see which themes need more photos and that gives me ideas about where to head out to.
For friends who access my blog through Facebook, I’ve come off there for a little while so I won’t see your comments or likes but I’ll be back soon 😍
I’ll leave you with my current top 10 photos but I’d love to hear from you about any of the following:
1) What’s on your bucket list. Even if you don’t have one, what do you think would be at the top of yours?
2) What can you suggest that I add to my bucket list?
3) Is there anything in particular that you would like me to blog about? I say this as a friend recently inspired me to write about my top 10 tips to run a business but I’m happy to write about anything!